OhioHealth Capital City Half Marathon Training
Presented by OhioHealth
Are you running the OhioHealth Capital City Half Marathon for the first time? Are you a veteran runner looking to set a new PR? Moving up from a 5K to the Patrón Quarter Marathon? Or are you making the Commit To Be Fit 5K your first race?
No matter your goal or experience level, the OhioHealth Capital City Half Marathon has a team of coaches — including running coach Aimee Price and lifestyle coach Julie Wilkes — who will get you to the starting line and the Byers Xtra Mile Finish Line Party!
OhioHealth Capital City Training Schedules
Coach Aimee provides advice on running and answers questions from participants leading into the OhioHealth Capital City Half Marathon. Check out her training page, e-mail her at or post a question on the OhioHealth Capital City Half Marathon Facebook page.
- Capital City Half Marathon Beginner Training Schedule
- Capital City Half Marathon Intermediate Training Schedule
- Capital City Quarter Marathon Beginner Training Schedule
- Capital City Quarter Marathon Intermediate Training Schedule
- Commit To Be Fit 5k Beginner Run/Walk Training Schedule
- Commit To Be Fit 5k Intermediate Training Schedule
OhioHealth Training Tips
OhioHealth Sports Medicine is your resource to help you get prepared for the Start Line and safely to the Finish Line. In addition to the below tips, check out the OhioHealth Runner's Clinic for more information.
- Strengthening & Stretching Techniques (250 KB)
- Foam Rolling — Self Myofascial Release Techniques (525 KB)
- Gearing Up For Winter Weather (240 KB)
- Top 5 Recovery Foods — Timing is everything (550 KB)
- Healthy Eating — What to eat for a strong foundation (330 KB)
- Race Day Tips by Dr. Darrin Bright (3 MB)